[3830] TBDC K7CW Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 13 16:16:16 EDT 2016

Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Spring

Call: K7CW
Operator(s): K7CW
Station: K7CW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CN87

Total:  QSOs = 112  Total Score = 547

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Early in the evening, we usually play hell getting eastern stations to hear us,
but this time we were able to get through a little bit. Not much, but better
than not at all. This provided impetus to keep at it. I did hear one CT, a YV
and HC, but they were just too weak. Tried a lot for KV4FZ and finally got Herb
at 0800Z. His signal sounded like it was coming from inside an oil drum. This
was my most distant contact, but NP2X came in closely behind, followed by
T32CO, who was actively participating in the contest. Interestingly, remote
VY1AAA showed up with strong signals. I worked WQ4RP for 8 x 4 = 32 points.
Nice!

Shut 'er down at 0830Z. Probably stay up all night for the Big Stew.
600W to Inverted-L w/7 radials. No Listening antennas yet.

73, Paul K7CW