[3830] WiQP NE9U Multi-Op Mobile LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 14 15:26:01 EDT 2016

Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: NE9U
Operator(s): NE9U KK9K N9BCA
Station: NE9U

Class: Multi-Op Mobile LP
QTH: wi

  160:
   80:     76        3
   40:    546       51
  UHF:
------------------------
Total:    744       54  Mults = 83  Total Score = 197,238.0

Club: Central Wisconsin Radio Amateurs

Comments:

Another fun WQP and up nort adventure!  This was N9BCA and my 25th year mobiling
around the state.

Drove up to the cabin in Florence County Saturday afternoon.  Bank Thermometer
said 67 degrees!  Only snow left was in the ditches.  Mind you this is
Wisconsin.  Rather unusual weather!

Found our Saturday night Steaks (or as we described it, shoe leather) and spent
the evening shooting the bull with a lot of fun people.  Saturday morning we
went out for breakfast and spent a lot of time answering questions about that
thing parked out in the parking lot full of antennas.  No we were not tracking
Wolves, Bear or Moose!

As far as contest went, everything went smooth.  Had one scare at the beginning
when I turned on the K3 and got an error message:  "ERR PL2" and the
radio was dead!  A couple reboots and we were OK.  Best we could figure out was
the radio took a surge when we started up truck at the starting line.

Usually contest rates get better as the day goes along....kinda worked that way
again, except the last hour really took a dive...not sure why.

Here are our rates:

Hour 1:  93
Hour 2:  113
Hour 3:  116