[3830] Rus DX K5WA SO Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 20 12:51:06 EDT 2016

Russian DX Contest

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: K5WA

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: TX

  160:   31               9         1
   80:   81      2       32         3
   40:  178     35       49         9
   20:  162    176       53        21
   15:   32     14       21         0
   10:   15      4       13         0
Total:  499    231      177        34  Total Score = 579,195

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Congrats to N5AW for a fantastic effort having the right strategy to win big in
this one.  I'm trying to give Marv all the competition he can handle but my
strategy just wasn't up to grade for this one.  In comparing scores, it appears
that the concept of mixed really means to operate just enough SSB to say you
found the mic in its drawer but not so much that it got a polished and cleaned
for battle.  I'll figure out WRTC strategy right after all the qualifying
contests are done, I guess.  ;-)

Thanks to K5NA and K5DU for hosting me at their super station.  It makes
contesting fun even when conditions are down.

73,
Bob K5WA