[3830] VaQP W4VIC SOAB/CWFixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 20 20:30:29 EDT 2016

Virginia QSO Party

Call: W4VIC
Operator(s): W4VIC
Station: W4VIC

Class: SOAB/CWFixed LP
QTH: VA

  160:    0     0       0
   80:   65     0       0
   40:   35     0       0
   20:    2     0       0
   15:    0     0       0
   10:    0     0       0
    6:    0     0       0
    2:    0     0       0
  UHF:    0     0       0
----------------------------
Total:  102     0       0  Mults = 53  Total Score = 10,812

CLUB:  QCWA CHAPTER 119

The Club selection was not an option on the pull-down list.

This was the worst VAQP in my experience -- although that is somewhat limited.
The bands were in pretty bad shape, so bad that I decided to save my amp for
Juan da Nova and Heard Island DXpeditions.  Low power seemed to work OK for
everything I heard, but then, I didn't hear all that much.  My favored contest
mode, S & P was so unproductive I was reduced to running with the auto-CQ
engaged.  I don't know how 14 Bonus Stations managed to elude me but the N1MM+
Contest Logger program gave me NO CREDIT for any Bonus Station, but it did list
them all.  Wonderful!

I don't hear so well, so decided to stay on CW.  Probably a big mistake.  I was
so busy cranking the speed control on the MicroKeyer II to slow down for
'novice' contesters that I finally decided to keep it at an agonizing slow 20
WPM and still cranked it down to 15 WPM for some QSOs -- that was the lowest
speed programmed into the machine.  The paddles came in very handy.  I'm glad
to see interest in CW by novice contesters (?) but it makes for a long, long
day on this end.  And it was not like there were many choices as to which
station to pick to work.  Ah, well -- State QSO Party!

Thanks to all who made this event possible, even to the Bonus Stations who
successfully evaded my signal and never managed to put their signal near me.
And to the participants -- thank you for the Qs.  73,  Vic, W4VIC