[3830] BARTG WN6K SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 21 08:50:13 EDT 2016

BARTG HF RTTY Contest

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Vista, CA

   80:   21       3          8
   40:  199       9         21
   20:  270       9         25
   15:  131      13         20
   10:    0       0          0
-----------------------------------
Total:  621      34         77  Continents = 6  Total Score = 413,586

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were not very good in this one as the solar activity was all over the
place - few hours of A indices in the 20s and when it would drop, the K was
about 3-4.  Could not barely hear out of NA to EU. I worked a couple of artic
flutter signals (with repeats) and on ZS - all the rest were JAs and US pretty
much.

As a result my score and probably the rest were way down from last year's (mine
was only 40% of last year. Ten seemed to never be open when I checked it (even
though the JAs were loud sometimes on 15m) but as the saying goes, "..it
is what it is...."

Some of you who know me might be noting. "... HIGH POWER? Must be a
Pirate!...." but this as with a few other contests throughout the year has
NO LP Component for Class so the FT-5000 RF Power Knob got the full twist (200W)
but it did not make much difference.

Thanks again for the Qs and here's hoping that the VK0 Expedition fires up soon
for #349 for me.

WN6K, Paul

p.s. N6KI Bookreport: Still working on the John Sandford tome from the last
contest.

ped