[3830] VaQP N8II SOAB/MixedFixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 21 14:15:04 EDT 2016

Virginia QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOAB/MixedFixed HP
QTH: WV

  160:    2      1
   80:   26     89
   40:   42     82
   20:    3      3
   15:    1      1
   10:    1      1
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   75    177      0  Mults = 81  Total Score = 31,770

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I was shut out of any chance of doing well by the terrible conditions Saturday
during the day, no stations on 40 heard except a very few locals and weak
backscatter; I had only 20 Q's in the log at 21Z! My QTH is only about 15 miles
from the Clarke county line. But, it was still was fun and I ran up a surprising
number of Q's on 75 meter phone starting at 2107Z.

We took a trip to Richmond this week and I swept all of the counties/cities we
traveled through on the trip, in order from home CLA, FAU, STA, FBX, SPO, CLN,
HAN, HCO, RIX, and CHE. The station in Richmond was W4VCU, and we just
coincidentally drove past the VCU campus and engineering building where they
were probably located while heading to a park, small world! Temp hit 87 F at 5
PM Wednesday! I worked all of the bonus stations except for K4GAM for an exta
1300 points. Many thanks to KJ4OAP/M and KT4KA/M for multiple QSO's from some
rare spots. 40 did not fully open to NOVA (northern VA) until 17Z Sunday, so
even Sunday morning was a struggle on 40 especially before 16Z with a brief run
around 1330Z. I QRT'ed for dinner with friends at 2030Z, so missed some mults
then, but no complaints about activity on 75/40 phone. There could have been
more on CW.

Looking at 3830, there were plenty of serious efforts. Congrats to K1RO, W4ANT,
and N2CY for some big scores! Thanks for the Q's and will be back a strugglin'
next year probably.

73, Jeff