[3830] Rus DX OT6M M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 21 17:59:50 EDT 2016

Russian DX Contest

Call: OT6M
Operator(s): ON9CC PC5A PE2HD
Station: OT6M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: JO20ws

  160:   122    20       44        26
   80:   381    25       59        49
   40:   377   120       78        59
   20:   245   215       80        69
   15:   338    49       78        67
   10:    32    10       20        10
Total:  1495   439      359       280  Total Score = 7,850,115

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Target for this contest was to break our own QSO record and we set the target at
1700 QSO's. Found out that the conditions weren't that bad and that this contest
ran a lot better than the ARRL SSB ... from the beginning we were ahead of
hourly QSO's in almost all hours. We knew that if 10m wouldn't open, we'd
probably not be able to break our previous score ... but obviously it still
worked out and we also broke our previous score record.

We only had one issue: during the contest, the CW-keying on the Orion stopped
working as it should. Suddenly the CW keying was erratic. We changed the input
from the MKII to the rear panel of the Orion to the front panel and after 5
minutes we were back in business again.

Station: IC-7800 and Orion, Acom 2000A.
Antennas: 3 el. Stepp-IR, Optibeam OB11-3, HF2V, dipoles for 160m, 80m and 40m
and a K9AY for RX.

We finally got audio recording working again (after Windows messing up the
settings for whatever reason) so if you're interested of a recording of our
QSO, drop me a note.

Thanks to everyone who worked us, thanks to Aurelio for another great cake and
special thanks from our Jack-Russels Mylo and Tazzy to Harry for the
dogbiscuits :)

73
Frank
ON9CC