[3830] Rus DX JA1BPA(@JG1ZUY) SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 21 20:54:27 EDT 2016

Russian DX Contest

Call: JA1BPA
Operator(s): JA1BPA
Station: JG1ZUY

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Chiba, Japan

   80:   33              10        17
   40:  262     31       58        60
   20:  364     71       71        70
   15:  220    259       74        74
   10:   81     46       23        44
Total:  960    407      236       265  Total Score = 5,316,612

Club: University of Tokyo Contest Club

Comments:

"Really miss 10mb openings!"

After having had an antenna failure last year, I am back at JG1ZUY to
operate in this contest.

The propagation was much worse than in 2014, when I made JA record
especially on higher bands.  I realized that I was behind by more
than 200 Qs after 12 hours into the contest from the front runners
JH4UYB and JA6GCE.  The latter half of the contest was a challenge
to try to keep the QSO gap from them within 200 Qs.  10mb never
really opened to Europe from JA1 land.  It was agonizing to
watch JA4s and JA6s in the Western Japan captured by HA1VHF RBN.

Anyway, it could be getting worse in the coming years, so I really
have to wait at least for another 5 years before competing with the
KING of JA contesters, JH4UYB.

See you again in JIDX CW.

Best 73,

Icko, JA1BPA