[3830] WPX SSB NC8C(K8MR) SOAB(TS) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 27 20:41:43 EDT 2016

CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NC8C
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: SOAB(TS) LP
QTH: Florida

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Here in the States this could be called the Witness Prote Xion program contest.
It's fun hiding out under a different callsign, and guessing who it it is on
the other end of all those calls you never hear in other contests.

I hid using NC8C, the club call of the North Coast Contesters, operating from
the west coast of Florida which is also the south coast of the USA, and from
the perspective of many, located on the east coast. So I have all the coasts
covered.

I assume in the "Tribander" category a tribander is the maximum
allowed, not a requirement to have one. I would have qualified for a
"hidden antenna" category if there was one, using a 20 meter dipole
in the condo attic and a well hidden 52 foot vertical wire outside. Operating
time would not have been huge with the station, but it was also my wife's
birthday on Sunday, and my daughter and family are visiting. Most operating was
done in chunks of 10 or so QSOs.

As always, good to hand out some QSOs to the deserving, and in this one a
multiplier as well.

I may be back for CW, but that will be from back in Ohio with a real tribander
and a KW.

73  -  Jim  K8MR