[3830] WPX SSB K4BAI SOAB(TS) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 27 20:45:45 EDT 2016

CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH: GA/USA
Operating Time (hrs): 32:37

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1 KW, TH6DXX, dipole, zepp, inverted vee, tee vertical.
Category Overlay:  Tribander/wires.  Must get a voice keyer that works and
sounds good before the next phone contest.  Wore my own voice down to a hoarse
croak.  Bands were fairly good considering the sunspot reports.  10M was open
almost only to South America and D4.  I did hear some southern European
stations working South America when I had my beam east to south.  Never heard
an European running and none answered my CQs.  15M was pretty good to most
areas except central and eastern Asia.  20M was fair to most of the world, but
poor to JA.  Did work B1W late in the contest.  40M was pretty good to Europe,
Africa, the Americas and the Pacific.  Missed the JA times for openings on 80
and 40.  80M was poor the first night mainly because of heavy QRN from
electrical storms in the area, but was quiet the second nihgt and was amazed at
the DX that called in answer to my CQs.  The low bands were so noisy at the end
that I stayed on 20M until the end after trying to change to 40 for the last
hour and the QRN was fierce on 40.  As usual not much activity on 160, but was
able to work everyone I heard on that band.  Thanks for all QSOs.  Look for the
GA QSO Party on April 9 and 10.  73, John, K4BAI.