[3830] WPX SSB KI7Y(@K7ZS) M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 27 21:12:54 EDT 2016

CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KI7Y
Operator(s): KI7Y W7ZB KE7AUB N7BEF KT7E K7ZS
Station: K7ZS

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: OR

   20: 1152

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

We decided to let Jim KI7Y do the QSL chores for this contest!  Thanks Jim!

So THIS is what the lower half of a solar cycle is like!  Really evident this
year that we're on the downhill side of a solar maximum, with only a brief
appearance of 10m on Sunday, and never realizing much EU on 15m.  Such is life
on the Left Coast.

I kept busier than usual smoking out a few Murphy visits during the weekend,
mostly peripherals like microphones, radios, computers, routers etc. providing
for some mid flight adjustments.

Thanks to Mark W7ZB for his many hours in the chair creating RATE, and Andy
KE7AUB for his all nighters on 40m, and still spending many hours in the chair
through the weekend.  Thanks also for support from Steve N7BEF and Joe KT7E and
of course Jim KI7Y for both his chair time and bringing a K3 line to serve as
the 2nd station.

Best 73

Kevin K7ZS for the PDXRCC
Portland Radio Contester Club
A Sub Club of the Willamette Valley DX Club

A fun weekend, thanks for all the QSO's