[3830] WPX SSB WT2P SO(A)SB40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 27 23:35:42 EDT 2016

CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: WT2P
Operator(s): WT2P
Station: WT2P

Class: SO(A)SB40 HP
QTH: IL

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

This was a fun contest with HP.. Picked up the Alpha 76PA from KB9UWU on Friday
and had a Tangler burger at Perkins (my favorite!!). Got back to the QTH and
hooked her up. Was shaking the whole time tuning it up on 40. Loafing around at
100W until I went outside to open the garage. Stuff is blinking all over the
place. Apparently, I overloaded the garage controller. Moved the 40M end of the
antenna away, and the problem went away. Cut back to 700W for the first night,
but on Saturday I had to bump it up to 1500. I hope my neighbor(s) didn't mind
not opening their garages for Easter Sunday services... LOL

Thanks to all who worked me, nice to get some SMC'ers in the log Sunday night.
Loving running 1500W now.

Beat my goal by 73,484 points and got some new DX for ATNO's on 40 (SSB
nonetheless!). And I think I beat the WI/IL/IN record this weekend for the
category. Log checking will see about that one!

73,
WT2P