[3830] WPX SSB S53GO M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 28 05:01:40 EDT 2016

CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: S53GO
Operator(s): S53GO S55M
Station: S53GO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: JN65VM

Club: Belokranjec Contest Club

Comments:

First, thanks to all for qso's and a lot of fun during wpx ssb 2016.
Normally for big contest events we all gather at 9A1P and we are enjoying nice
company.
But, because of the current qualifying rules for wrtc 2018, Dave 9A1UN was
doing a SOAB run at 9A1P.
Guys (WRTC 2018 organizers), with this rules you killed team spirit for several
years, not to mention the LP-HP mess. WRTC means world radio TEAM championship.
Now it is like having football (soccer) championship but Messi has to qualify
by his own without other 10 team mates  :( .
Anyway, Sonja (my best half) and I, had a nice WPX run from our home location.
The goal was to make at least 1000 Q's and that one was reached. 80% of that
sum was made in S&P mode. Because we weren't running after score it was
plenty of time to eat, rest, watch TV and sleep. Even for a coffee break with
Patrik 9A5CW who was visiting Koper.
About the propagation we have not much to say. 10m was practically dead with
some SA, middle east and AF exceptions.
Thanks to all who published their scores on cqcontest.net livescores.
The number is increasing and that is a good sign. Congrats to E7DX and 9A1UN
for nice scores in SOAB branch.
And of course, CU in WPX CW!
Thanks!

Sonja-S53GO & Adi-S55M

Equipment used:

RTX:FT990
PA: ZEKO-1.5 1kW
ANT: INV V for 80m and Mosley TA63N with 40m kit at 10m AGL