[3830] WPX SSB ZM4T(ZL3IO) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 28 23:23:51 EDT 2016

CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: ZM4T
Operator(s): ZL3IO
Station: ZM4T

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Waimarama Heights

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Due to Easter weekend and the family being re-united for a few days it was only
a semi-serious effort. The contest was very differt to last year were I made
over 1300 Q's on 10m alone. I had the feeling my reach on 10/15m was limited to
a 10-12 thousand km radius. Japan and west coast NA was all I could get to.
Luckily that already allows for many QSO's. Only a few weak and fading signals
on 10m on day one. About 4-5 hours before the contest ends 10m finally opened
to NA/SA, still with a lot of QSB. I lost a few stations that went down into
the noise again before we confirmed numbers. Sorry guys that I had a to give up
a few times. I could never get a real run going into EU on any band which is
reflected in the bad multiplier count. 15m never really opened to EU and 40/20m
was so crowded that it was impossible for me to hold a frequency with my 500 W.
The best really is when stations answer your CQ first to then start calling on
top of you...

Thank you all for the QSO's

73 Holger, ZL3IO/ZM4T