[3830] WPX SSB N7MZW SOAB(TS) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 29 00:36:07 EDT 2016

CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: SOAB(TS) LP
QTH: Cheyenne, WY

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

A very limited effort due to Fri. evening work and a busy Easter Sunday at
church. Kenwood TS-950SD, Heil BM-10 Headset using vox, and 102 foot G5RV up 55
feet, running N-S at 6,053 feet elevation from my apartment QTH in
Cheyenne,Wyoming.61% of my contacts were made on 40 meters, 19% on 20, 12% on
15, and 3% on 10 meters. A few productive runs, but mostly a "Hunt and
Pounce" effort. Only a few repeats were required.Very little intentional
QRM. I offered to QSY for one "sced", and they  were so
surprised,that they opted to QSY and let me keep my frequency. A few DX
stations were not including a signal report as a part of the required
exchange,and the "usual suspects" with over driven audio, especially
from Cuba, Argentina, and Brazil.Screaming into your microphone is not required
for good communication to occur! Almost zero JA's heard, and 10 meters was
marginal at best for me.Always a fun contest for a "small pistol"
like me. I'll try and be available for the whole shebang next year.Thanks to
all who worked me. November 7 Many Zebras Walking
Chuck-Cheyenne,Wyoming.