[3830] NCCC Sprint KW8N LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Mar 31 23:21:04 EDT 2016

NCCC Sprint - Apr 1

Call: KW8N
Operator(s): KW8N
Station: KW8N

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH

  160:   8      8
   80:  12     10
   40:  13     12
   20:  12      9
Total:  45     39  Total Score = 1,755

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Things were going pretty well.  Then went to 160 meters and had intermittent
antenna issues.  I apologize for those that tried to work me as I disappeared.
My theory is that the shunt feed, which goes on the inside of a ring rotor on
the way up the tower and is being held in place by a piece of plastic mounted
to the tower leg may have broken loose and was shorting to the ring rotor
hardware.  It seemed that rotating the antenna would vibrate it enough so the
it didn't touch again for several seconds.  That's all just theory at thie
point.  Will find out in the morning when it is light again.