[3830] FlQP K8MR SOABMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 1 18:37:59 EDT 2016

Florida QSO Party

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: OH

   40:   54      7
   20:  311     56
   15:   34      4
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  399     67  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 43  Total Score = 95,150

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

This was a case of making lemonade from lemons: after spending five months at
our new condo in Florida this winter, we had to be back in Ohio last weekend
for our daughter's bridal shower. So no chance to hit the high rate (QSO, not
auto velocity) roads of Florida in the FQP.

It was a good weekend up here to sit at the radio, with cool temperatures,
rain, and clouds. As usual a great job by the Florida mobiles, especially
K4(5)KG and their quick SSB QSYs. Thanks to the K1XX crew for doing the long
ride through Collier to get to Monroe, which was my last county.

Last year I missed Hendry for the county sweep. My first QSO this year:
Hendry.

Next year see you from Florida! And in the meanwhile, at Dayton and in the Ohio
QSO Party on August 27.

73  -  Jim  K8MR