[3830] FlQP DL3DXX(@DF0SAX) SOAB(A)CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 2 06:45:32 EDT 2016

Florida QSO Party

Call: DL3DXX
Operator(s): DL3DXX
Station: DF0SAX

Class: SOAB(A)CW HP
QTH: JO61VE
Operating Time (hrs): 8h 55

   40:    0
   20:  200     1
--------------------
Total:  215     1  CW Mults = 66  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 28,380

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

I was afraid to miss this event. It was the weekend of DF0SAX - my local radio
club�'s spring party with lot of old friends and participants.
For me as host it would have been very unfriendly to work the party instead of
serving our guests. This even more as we had an interesting program, including
the recent South Sandwich and South Georgia DXpedition presentation, given by
VP8 team member Axel DL6KVA. The last guests went home Sunday noon. Now it was
time to join at least the second part of the FQP. Propagation was poor on 20m
early afternoon but propagation increased in the evening and lasted nearly up
to the end. 15m allowed a few contacts but not as much as expected. Never tried
10m.
It seems there was a good skip inside the US between Florida and the northern
states. Every QSO with a mobile was an intense struggle to compete with the US
callers and often I was beaten from many US stations which in other QSO parties
I typically have no problem to outperform.
I was wondering if it would be possible to work all counties only on Sunday. It
could have been but I lot the last county OKA by NO5W where I simply could not
break the huge US pileup while the band was going to close and I lost NO5W in
the noise.
What a nice party! Thanks to the organizers and all participants - especially
the mobiles for their tremendous efforts working down the pileups.
Will be back next year - hopefully both parts.
Dietmar DL3DXX

PS: I just made one phone contact with K4KG who asked me for but submit as CW
entry as always. At least I found out that the station has a mike and it works.