[3830] MWaveSprngSprnt VE3CRU/R Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 8 19:53:30 EDT 2016

Microwave Spring Sprint

Call: VE3CRU/R
Operator(s): VE3CRU
Station: VE3CRU/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: FN03vx/FN04xa/FN14ba

Total:  QSOs = 27  Max Dist(km) = 139  Total Score = 1,967

Club: Ontario VHF Association

Comments:

Left home 6:45 am for hour's drive to FN03vx Cobourg.  Got on Highway 401 then
realized I forgot to load the 10 ghz dish, one band down.  Only station heard
and worked was VE3DS in FN03fq.  Moved to FN04ba, heard and worked both VE3DS
and KF2MR/R, none others heard.  On to FN14ba, worked KF2MR and much surprised
to have KA2OQZ/R work me on fm on both 902 and 1296, then worked KF2MR in
another grid.  Got 3 more with KF2MR/R in last 5 minutes of the Sprint after I
rushed to FN13bx and hastily set up.  Got 10 Q's with KF2MD/R, 5 Q's with VE3DS
and 2 Q's with KA2OQZ/R who was out enjoying his first rove.  Closest qso's were
3 at 91 km with KF2MR/R on 902,1296 and 2304.  No qso's on 3456 with KF2MR/R,
noticed the 12.6V p/s for the 3456 Toshiba amp was not turned  on.  OOPS!

Some good stations planning to be on had issues preventing it, and I am happy
with my score.

Heavy fog for a while, but it was another great and fun outing.

Thanks to the Central States VHF committee  for their sponsorship and
dedication, and to all who participated, plus those who worked me.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU/R