[3830] NewEngQP K1EP SO Mobile LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue May 10 09:55:49 EDT 2016

New England QSO Party

Call: K1EP
Operator(s): K1EP
Station: K1EP

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:
   40:      2
   20:      9
------------------------
Total:     11       0  Mults = 7  Total Score = 154

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I tried a last minute mobile effort.  The weather was gloomy and wet, not too
enticing.  First county was Cumberland Maine.  Murphy hit early.  I forgot my
headphones, the laptop charger didn't charge the laptop, and I never found the
switch to actuate the screwdriver antenna.  The bands were dead.   I was using
a new triple magnet mount and I thought maybe the lack of a good ground was a
problem with getting out.  I fabricated a solid ground strap before going out
again Sunday morning.  Still no luck in anyone hearing me.  I heard many
locals, some 7's and 4's.  Maybe next year I will plan it a little better!