[3830] CWopsT WB5EIN HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed May 11 10:10:45 EDT 2016

CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z May 11

Call: WB5EIN
Operator(s): WB5EIN
Station: WB5EIN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): :50

   40:  28     28
   20:  57     40
Total:  85     68  Total Score = 5,780

Club: Deep Dixie CC

Comments:

Well, I started out on low power this morning, but band conditions seemed to
indicate that, if I were going to get through with my peanut whistle signal, I
needed to build some kind of fire under my RF.  Otherwise, my signal would just
drip off my antenna and fall back to Earth.  Well, since I didn't need to log
any ants or grasshoppers for CWT credit, I decided to fire up Ole' Betsy over
there and see if I could muster some kind of marginally reasonable signal to
burst through the PC (Propagation Curtain).  So, yep...I had to file in the HP
category today (and I don't even LIKE Hewlett-Packard!!)  :-)

Thanks to the CWA member, Woody K1LB, for coming back to my CQ on 20m.
Also, 'twas good to hear non-members: Bill, K4LTA (2 bands from TN); Gary,
K8NYG (2 bands from WV); Mike KI1U; John WA5PFJ; Jeff WB2JNA; Chris NU1O; and
Jim AD0LI.
And, then there were the trustworthy DX stations:  F6HKA, F5IN, DL8PG.  Thanks,
guys, for making our day!

Even amidst the twisted conditions today, it was great to be back on this
morning.  I will have to miss several more gatherings, because I still have 22
civic club speeches to give between now and October 1.  Ah, but that's what I
dearly love--mixing it up with leaders throughout NE MS.

Y'all come, now...ya hear?

73,
--Dr. Larry S. Anderson, WB5EIN  #1327
Tupelo, MS  (birthplace of Elvis)
Rig: Ten-Tec Orion 565AT  ~100w into 400' horizontal loop up 40'