[3830] CntyHntCW N8II Fixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat May 21 17:00:42 EDT 2016

County Hunters CW Contest

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Fixed HP
QTH: WV

Total:  167  Counties = 128  Total Score = 178,432

We had a dreary, chilly, wet week with only 2 sunny days the week leading up to
the QP, so with a backlog of yard work, I didn't even check the contest
calendar to find the moved CH QP. I started at 1945Z and found long skip on 20,
but thankfully most all of the mobiles were far enough away to work easily. I
was able to run quite a few stations on 20 and some on 40. Mobile activity was
down a bit from some past years, but not shabby. There was enough activity to
keep me fairly busy. Sunday featured slightly better conditions, but less fixed
and mobile activity, so I did other things for hours. It was fairly slow.
Many thanks to all of the mobiles who put in long miles to give out points and
counties. I think only  Ray WB0PYF, Fred K0FG, Ed KN4Y, and Norm W3DYA who I
did not work all that many times were active both days. Also worked several
times were NF0N, N0KV, W9MSE, K7TM, W4SIG, K4ZGB, and N4CD. Several German hams
were active chasing the counties and I had two or three quite loud JA's call on
20 around 21Z. Van, WC5D was stuck at home after a minor car fire.

73, Jeff