[3830] WPX CW W6NS SO(A)SB80(TS) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 29 14:07:57 EDT 2016

CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: W6NS
Operator(s): W6NS
Station: W6NS

Class: SO(A)SB80(TS) LP
QTH: CA CM95

Rig:  K3    Antenna:  6BTV.

80m + ground mounted vertical + late spring + too many alligators make for a
lot of listening and not many contacts.

The bright spot CR2X, strong signals to W6 and they can hear.  More money
should be invested in antennas and less on amplifiers ( I left my amp off this
time) you may find this is a less expensive way to go.  My 6BTV does not hear
the best with QRM & QRN, but the Elecraft K3 with narrow filters,
attenuater and RF gain makes receiving CW painless, now time to find enough
real estate for receiving antennas.

This was a S&P operation ( having 500w or more would have really improved
the score).