[3830] WPX CW W2UP(@W0DLE) SOSB20 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 29 18:37:54 EDT 2016

CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: W2UP
Operator(s): W2UP
Station: W0DLE

Class: SOSB20 LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 5
Remote Operation

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

My station host, W0DLE, and I each planned on doing a single band - Chuck on 40
and me, remotely, on 20 (both LP).  With a SFI of 90 and summer condx, signals
were poor from Colorado with weak, fluttery Europeans and lots of QRN from
regional thunderstorms.  In addition, I had some network connectivity issues.
It's not fun when it takes 2 or 3 tries to get your call and exchange heard
correctly.  We both decided to bag it, each listening a few times over the
weekend, and deciding it wasn't worth continuing.  On a positive note, both
mornings were beautiful here and I got about 50 miles in on my bicycle.