[3830] WPX CW ZM4T(ZL3IO) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 29 21:01:22 EDT 2016

CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: ZM4T
Operator(s): ZL3IO
Station: ZL3IO

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Kiwi-DX-Lodge

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions are clearly going downhill. No show at all on 10m this time. 15m was
still fine. First night was very noisy on 40m. Second night was better but I
struggled to stay awake. I arrived home from a 3 weeks business trip only 12
hours before the contest. Coming home took me almost 36 hours. So I had a bit
of sleep deficit from the start and had to take more breaks than usual.

It was very hard to hold a frequency, especially when Europe was open. Also the
Chinese don't seem to hear very well and started a few time calling on top of me
 while I was pointing with a 5 element into their direction (???). They
obviously struggle with high noise level created by their own junk electronic.

Thanks to all for the QSOs and to CQ magazine for organising this fine
contest!
73 Holger, ZL3IO/ZM4T