[3830] WPX CW NO6T(N5ZO) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 29 21:29:31 EDT 2016

CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NO6T
Operator(s): N5ZO
Station: N5ZO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA

   20: 1037

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Score is about million less than last year, mainly due to poor 15 now.  (Last
year I had 860 Qs on 15.)  Could not quite make it up on other bands.  Have
couple more antennas than last year but it did not seem to make much
difference.  Signals were weak with lots of QSB, difficult to copy all those
numbers.  My station is really not built for DX contesting with rather modest
antennas and no stacks, and I felt like I had to send endless CQs without
answers.   So I did that and tried to tune for anyone not yet worked on other
radio.  Good practice and fun.  Probably next year it will really be 2 band
event.  Tnx to Larry N6NC for use of club call.  73 de Marko N5ZO.