[3830] WPX CW WA1Z SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 29 22:56:33 EDT 2016

CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WA1Z
Operator(s): WA1Z
Station: WA1Z

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NH

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Congrats to N2NT for a strong LP score!  Expecting similar results from
Alex/KC3R.

First time ever doing WPX CW as a single-op.  With summer time prop starting to
establish itself and the solar cycle decline, I had low expectations about how
much fun this would be doing a low power effort at a modest station.  I decided
to give it a go with plans to bag it and enjoy the weekend doing something else
if the contest was no fun.  After a 154/hour between the two radios in the
first hour and very good activity on the low bands Friday night, I got hooked
for the duration.

I am clueless about off-time strategy for a worldwide contest this time of
year.  I embraced my ignorance and slept when my body told me it was time.