[3830] WPX CW VU3KPL SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 30 00:26:49 EDT 2016

CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VU3KPL
Operator(s): VU3KPL
Station: VU3KPL

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Bangalore
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: VU Contest Group

Comments:

Good contest overall with hot conditions on the band as well as WX(just trail
end of summer and onset of Monsoon thunders). I was hoping to operate at full
100W if my callsign got upgraded. anyways everything has a reason, i had not
yet reached 500+ QSO mark on CQWPX so entered the contest with a goal of
reaching this mark.

I had remade my homebrewed hexbeam and converted it as spider, few weeks
back.But because of heavy winds during first showers and quality of overall
material i reused from hex it got multiple fractures. So i had to operate with
broken limbs of spider at 6 feet above terrace hi hi!.

This time i realized 40m was very good shape first morning. I could not make
much contacts in S&P except for few long haul DX from Caribbean as usual.
Then off till 12UTC coming back to 15m to work few and peeking multiple other
bands for openings. Found 10m has pickedup and did some Qs there. Normally loud
stations on 20m such as K3LR, W3LPL, KQ, LZ are not heard to me this time.
Next morning before 1:00 Zulu, i found 40 was again good and closed the 24 hr
session with 300 Qs.
Next day was drag for me again, my goal of reaching 500 mark kept me going.
When i was around 430 mark, i went to sleep at my local 10:30PM (15UTC) second
day as there was some local noise on the open bands. the next 90 Qs came in
between 21:00 to 23 UTC to finally close the station with 516 Qs.

Hope you all enjoyed this contest as well. Thanks all

Kiran VU3KPL