[3830] WPX CW EI6DX SO(A)SB40 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue May 31 04:33:13 EDT 2016

CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: EI6DX
Operator(s): EI6DX
Station: EI6DX

Class: SO(A)SB40 LP
QTH: Brittas Bay

   40: 1229

I wanted to have an easy contest operating for just one night but ended up
working all allowed 36 hours. Conditions were not the best but I had a great
run in the first night with SA/CA/NA copying me really well. I worked almost
everything I heard from the Caribbean.

Unfortunately, conditions changed Saturday morning - almost no Asia, not a
single JA or OC for the rest of the test.

Sunday night rates where below 30 with 2/3 in S&P. Still, operating from
Ireland with NA just across the water as well as being the only EI6 this
weekend sure gave me a serious advantage. Almost 20% of contacts were from
NA/SA. The rest were from Europe. It was still better than what most EU guys
worked this weekend.

Thanks to all for calling.

Stan
www.ei6dx.com