[3830] CQWW SSB IR4M M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 2 09:42:15 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: IR4M
Operator(s): I4EWH I4FYF I4IFL IK3QAR IK4DCW IK4HVR IK4MGP IZ4JUK IZ4NIC IZ4ZZB
Station: IR4M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MonteCodruzzo

  160:  111    11       66
   80:  770    24      104
   40: 1637    36      134
   20: 2643    39      150
   15:  789    35      146
   10:   89    20       89

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Most part of Friday was spent trying to figure out the reason of failure
of internet connection, who worked fine until the day before.
After LAN debugging we discovered a cable nibbled by a rodent :)

Apart from that, everything else worked flawlessly... except
propagation, the worst we remember since the foundation of IR4M.
Not only high bands were impacted (K1LZ was the only USA worked on
10m!), but also low bands suffered a lot due to the storms of the days
before. As a result, we can't hear NA on 40m for most part of the
nights, and zone 3 was only worked the second night with just two QSO
(thanks N2RD and K5RR).
On 160m Jeff VY2ZM was barely audible, and that says it all...

On 15M Saturday morning no JA at all, I think that never happened before!
During the afternoon conditions towards NA improved, while Sunday
worsened forcing us to stay on 20m...
Compared to last year conditions have been awful, and that reflects on
our score.

In the team we had a few young operators (a rarity, nowadays), who are
still learning, but did very well.

Congrats to 9A1P, our neighbors on the other side of Adriatic Sea for
their outstanding result, really unreachable for us. Thanks for the
challenge on cqcontest, a pity OM7M and OM8A were missing.

Thanks to Paolo I4EWH for the great food, and to Claudio IK4DCW and
Walter I4KLY for technical assistance.

See you in CW leg, and on our Facebook page.