[3830] CQWW SSB 8P5A(W2SC) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 2 21:30:32 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: 8P5A
Operator(s): W2SC
Station: 8P5A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Barbados

  160:  171    14       30
   80:  790    23       79
   40: 2152    31      116
   20: 2003    30      108
   15: 2411    28      105
   10: 1692    25       82

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Went into this weekend with the intent of trying some new operating techniques.
Challenging conditions forced even more adjustments, including starting on 40
for the first time ever.  Had a good night on the low bands but could not make
up for not having a couple big hours on 20 to open the contest.  10 and 15 the
next morning were not as good as last year, but still productive.  Thought I
could get back on pace if 20 stayed open later on day two, but it did not
happen.  It was clear at that point that there was no chance for a personal
best.  After another good lowband night, 10 and 15 did not even seem as good as
the day before.  After struggling to work Europe all morning, the furious North
American runs began.  Once again 20 closed early and had strong finish on 40
with a number of Asian mults and a US run.

Despite the conditions, the station hardware and software all worked well.
Only big issue was incorrectly seting the alram clock.  Hoped for a brief 10
minute nap, but fortunately woke up on my own after 40 minutes.

Thanks for all the Q's and mults

Also thanks to my wife Kathleen for keeping me calm during the busy days
setting up before the contest

Hopefully we will be back for CQWW CW and the celebration of 50 years of
independence for the nation of Barbados, whose fine people have been so
supportive and friendly to us over the years.

QSL via LoTW or NN1N

73, Tom W2SC