[3830] CQWW SSB LU2DKT SOSB/160 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 3 15:23:00 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: LU2DKT
Operator(s): LU2DKT
Station: LU2DKT

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  123    17       37

Club: LU Contest Group

Comments:

Even though propagation was strange, I was able to work many 160 friends this
time and also some new ones.

I had a lot of fun on this contest on 160

First night it was almost impossible to get out America continent. No way to
hear or to be heard from Europe. Only OZ4MD got into the log. On the other hand
signals from Caribbean stations were abnormally loud.

At times, it looks signals were arriving at very high angle because all
beverages gave almost the same signal without any FB or FS.

Second night was just a little different and better to Europe. I put LZ9W in
the log after one year of pending assignment.

Across the whole contest, the typical fast and short spot propagation showed,
where some part of a call was loud the rest weak and when QRZ nothing comes
back at least for many more minutes for the same station (if it comes back).

Again when I average the time I heard big guns like K3LR, W3LPL and KC1XX,
they clearly rank in that order. WE3C was very strong many times.

Big surprise was to be called at my SR by the team of AH2R with a big signal
!!!

Another big surprise was during my SR on Sunday, the band was almost death, and
NV9L appeared like in VHF at full volume with a huge signal that made me jump in
the chair and awake me up suddenly!!

Meet you all on the next one, ’73…. Eddie.-