[3830] CQWW SSB K3CCR(N3UM) SOAB Classic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 3 21:58:09 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K3CCR
Operator(s): N3UM
Station: K3CCR

Class: SOAB Classic HP
QTH: MD

  160:   10     5        7
   80:   51    11       29
   40:   80    16       38
   20:  290    22       75
   15:  148    15       52
   10:   73    10       24

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

K3CCR is the club station at the Collington continuing-care
retirement community at FM 18OW in MD, just east of DC. For the
CQ WW SSB only I (N3UM) was available.  I went with the Classic
overlay as I did in 2015 and put in 20.2 hr.

Activity was good but 10 and 15 m. propagation was much worse
than last year with  SFI down to 76 vs 106.  Last year I got
long runs of EUs on 20 thru 10 m but this year I never heard
an EU on 10 and got only 54 EUs in one 54-min. run on 15, and
91 EUs in a 74-min. run on 20.  The result: 435 fewer QSO points
and 59 fewer mults on 15 and 10 this year, not nearly offset by
189 more points and 7 more mults  on 20.

Only excitement on 15 m. was CE0, Easter Island, and on 10 m.
ZD8, Ascension Island.

Low-band numbers were down slightly this year, maybe because
the k index was up. Weak signals on 40 and 80, could not run.
I never heard any Mid East stations on any band except for one
TA QSO on 20 m.