[3830] NCCC Sprint WI2E LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 3 23:16:35 EDT 2016

NCCC Sprint - Nov 4

Call: WI2E
Operator(s): WI2E
Station: WI2E

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PA

  160:   4      4
   80:  12      8
   40:   4      4
Total:  20     16  Total Score = 320

An unusual event for me: I found myself in the shack with time for radio on a
weeknight. Remembering the NCCC Sprint about fifteen minutes before the start,
I quickly found out that my remote antenna switch is not working, so I grabbed
a flashlight, ran into the backyard, and changed the coax manually to my 80M
inverted-L--and off I went with the L and a 40M/80M dipole at 35 feet! As the
results above will attest, it was a rough outing, and I do apologize to those
who found me struggling to respond.  Since I was last participating regularly,
I've added two P3's, and the ability to see the stronger stations definitely
added another dimension to this that could be a real help someday (even if the
benefit tonight was overwhelmed by my simply being terribly out of practice).

Overall, great fun (as always). Thanks to everyone for the QSOs tonight!

73,
Joe
WI2E