[3830] CQWW SSB PJ2T M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Nov 5 12:11:22 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): DK3DM DL8OBQ PA1CC JJ1RJR K8PGJ N4RV NM2O W3ACO W0CG
Station: PJ2T

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Curacao

  160:   341    14       35
   80:  1272    24       85
   40:  2505    31      109
   20:  2963    34      134
   15:  3780    31      127
   10:  2482    27       99
-------------------------------

Club: Scores split RRDXA, PVRC, YCCC, SMC, CCO

Comments:

PJ2T was activated by a team from Canada, Germany, Holland, Japan and USA.
Curacao has been the location for multi-op entries for more than 50 years. The
earliest SSB multi-multi was PJ0DX in 1969. The team was ready to carry on the
contest tradition. We knew other teams were. Competition from all over the
world helps all of us improve our skills.

For the 2016 running of the contest, the station and team were ready. The solar
forecasts were for active to disturbed conditions. The forecasts were correct.
We noted suppressed conditions on many bands. Polar paths suffered the most.
We are happy with the score and congratulate the M/2 teams who are showing
higher scores. We are all competing at the highest level and pushing each other
to better performances.

This year is entry #15 with the PJ2T callsign. Our claimed score is the #3
score on SSB with PJ2T. The score shows that the station improvements have paid
off. 2010 had the same solar flux, but quiet conditions. We had about same QSOs,
but a better country count.

Many thanks to the site owner Geoff W0CG/PJ2DX for providing the contest site
and many, many years of dedicated work to keep the station on the air. He has
provided days and days of labor on the towers controlling rust. This behind the
scenes work is simply vital to keep a station operating in harsh condition.

In pre-contest QSOs, many Zone 8 and 9 stations mentioned repairing corrosion
issues.

Thanks to the Caribbean Contesting Consortium for providing a cadre of
dedicated members who improve the station each year and provide a funding
source.

This year, Uli DL8OBQ prepared the operator schedule and set up the logging
software. N4RV was instrumental in recruiting the operator team.  W3ACO
prepared meals. The team now has a designated cook as a key position.

Thanks to all for working us. QSLs are via W3HNK and LOTW.

A team will be on for CQ WW CW.

73 to all.
Ray NM2O for the PJ2T SSB Team