[3830] SS CW K6CTA SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 6 21:36:21 EST 2016

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K6CTA
Operator(s): K6CTA
Station: K6CTA

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: SF
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Redwood Empire DX Assoc

Comments:

Spent a little time, a few hours here and there. While it is always fun to get
on the air, there is a still a level of frustration living in a HOA
environment.
The good news is I have a very low noise level; the bad news is I run 100W to
tiny antennas! What is interesting is the ability of others to hear me. Some
weak stations come right back, while strong ones CQ in my face. I always enjoy
SS, but it is a whole different animal at this QTH! I will admit that for what
it is, the N6BT Bravo-5 remote tuned vertical dipole works quite well (9'
tall!). Always impressed that I can actually get out. I'm glad I have the P3,
too. Thanks for the Q's!

73,
Ed - K6CTA

Equip:
Elecraft K3/P3
N6BT Bravo-5
End fed long wire for 80-40 (in garage attic)
WrireLog V12
Elecraft K3/P3