[3830] SS CW W4FCG(K8MR) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 6 21:51:22 EST 2016

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W4FCG
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WCF

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Operated from the FL condo using W4FCG. Thanks to Charlie, NF4A, and the FCG for
the use of the call. It appears that this may have been its first serious
contest effort, as it did not show up in a somewhat old SCP file.

Typical compromise antennas: 20 meter dipole in the attic (second floor), 43 ft
vertical with minimal ground system. There is usually a lot of urban noise here,
though Sunday morning things were pretty quiet on 20 and I was able to dig out
lots of weak signals. But later in the day things were back to the usual noise,
plus I got spoiled by operating from the salt water, QRP as K8MR.

73  -  Jim  K8MR