[3830] SS CW K4QPL Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 6 22:11:21 EST 2016

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K4QPL
Operator(s): K4QPL
Station: K4QPL

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: nc

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I panicked when a well known contester jumped the gun at 4 p.m. EDT and people
started calling him. Had to check the rules to be sure I wasn't late.
This contest was a real grind for me. Couldn't seem to get any decent runs
going and it was two-radio S&P for almost the whole way. Glad I saved time
for the end which was an 80M bonanza of fresh meat. The East Coast and
especially the mid-Atlantic turned out for the barbecue! Turned off the second
radio and just spun the dial up and down from 3.510 to 3.570 to pick off new
ones as they came in. Slow but fun!  Never did hear Ne, EWa or Ak. Qc and De
were the last of my 80 to come in. Clean Sweep will have to wait!
Thanks for all the good ears out there including the disbelievers at the end
who asked me to repeat the number when mixed with the "Q" precedent
:-)(I surprised myself also.)