[3830] SS CW N1LN SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 7 06:33:58 EST 2016

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NC

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Started out slow waiting almost 4 minutes for a reply to my CQ but the tempo
picked up quickly.  I always run Unlimited to be able to use Skimmer on radio 2
to assist with mults which also worked well.  In just 3 hours and 20 minutes the
sweep was completed. Rhode Island was the last mult which was checked off with a
Q with W1XX.

When I shut down at 0519 UTC or 0119 local, before time change, I was just
about tied with last year.  That was soon to change.  At 1145 or 0645 local I
was back on the air.  Well, until we noticed that the house was not warming up.
So, off I went to try to diagnose the issue.  No luck so a call to the Heating
Company was in order.  They responded in about 1 hour for relatively expensive
weekend rate, but it was fixed in about 1 more hour.  With that problem behind
me I got back to the radio.

I stayed on until 2224 UTC and then called it quits.  I just can't keep my butt
in the chair with the Sunday afternoon rates, even when running Unlimited and 2
radios.  Besides, it was cocktail time!

See you in two weeks for SS SSB.

73,
Bruce N1LN