[3830] SS CW K0NM Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 7 09:30:14 EST 2016

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K0NM
Operator(s): K0NM
Station: K0NM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 9
Remote Operation

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Operated my home TS-480 rig running 1KW remotely from my hotel in CA. The hotel
internet service was clogged up with video games convention on Saturday. I had
to use my cell phone hot spot for internet service and even that was
intermittent due to cell service overload. It downgraded my hotspot to 4G from
LTE and I had issues with jitter and delays. Very interesting that I got to
observe the effect of variable jitter on my call sign. N was often interpreted
as TE due to the longer jitter in sending CW. So, I worked mostly S+P on
Saturday. Sunday morning (early) was much better with decent hotspot service
while the gamers slept late. Managed to call CQ on 15 and 20 meters.