[3830] SS CW K6JEB SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 7 14:47:40 EST 2016

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K6JEB
Operator(s): K6JEB
Station: K6JEB

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 21:22

If you worked me in the first hour of the contest it was either long-path or off
the back of my Yagi since I had forgotten I had it pointed at Oceania (I'll
blame Murphy hi hi); I should have known something was up when the loudest
signals on the band were in Hawai'i.  :) The bands were in surprisingly decent
shape making copy a lot easier than it has been recently. I was happy to work
so many QRP stations, including the Virgin Islands which gave me a Cleansweep
on Sunday morning (thank you KP2M!). On Sunday, Murphy was messing with my
keyer so ran totally hand on my Vibroplex bug, which was actually quite a
blast.  Because of the Daylight Savings Time to Standard Time shift early
Sunday morning, I noticed a number of stations were still calling CQ after
0259UTC Monday, I guess Murphy was messing with their clocks.  I was running
300 watts into a tri-band Yagi and a vertical with 83 radials for the low
bands.  Let's hope conditions are as good for SSB Sweepstakes weekend!