[3830] SS CW WF7T(@K4RO) Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 8 01:46:11 EST 2016

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WF7T
Operator(s): WF7T
Station: K4RO

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: TN

  160:  HAH!
   10: PFFH!
------------
Total:   575  Sections = 80  Total Score = 92,000

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Many thanks to Kirk and Susie for hosting me during SS week-end. The
accommodations were great, and you guys are wonderful. I can not thank you
enough!

Kirk's station is top-notch. He keeps it in a constant state of readiness.
Operating there was a delight as compared to my own station, which I would
describe as in a constant state of disintegration. Kirk's radios were
fantastic, as were the antennas, and the automation was impeccable...it was a
real treat.

I really wanted to do better, but I forgot a few key items. First, I forgot how
difficult Sweepstakes is, let alone if you run five watts or less. Slap me next
October when I get all dreamy thinking of SS 2017. Slap me hard. Make me
remember.

Also,as I was reminded..."if you're not CQing, you are losing." Next
year, after slapping me when I start getting wistful, recommend me again of
that mantra. I am considering getting it tattooed on my knuckles or inside my
lip or someplace. CQ 100% and S&P 100% of the time, all the time.

I certainly wanted to make Kirk proud of how I piloted his gleaming race car,
and after sleeping/recovering I am happy about the outcome overall. I don't
think I left anything on the race track. Yes, I DID miss my friend Bill W1WBB
up on Aquidneck Island, and I never did coming across our buddies in Nebraska
or up in Newfoundland and Labrador. I must have been CQin' and not S&Pin'.
It was very pleasant to work VY1AAA however; all the great work resulted in a
fantastic signal down here.

I want to thank everyone for the Qs. And to some of you, I appreciate your
patience while I worked through Sunday evening brain-dead SO2R focus gaffs. I
am wowed by John's KP2M great outcome...congratulations! To all the QRP ops,
and special mention Ward N0AX & Gary N7IR this week-end: You inspired me to
keep going.

Lastly, my thanks go to my wife Jed, who always lets me go off to do these
sorts of things (yelling at old men) while she pines away #radiowidow.

Log checkers, have your way, and thank you for doing what you do. This contest
was tough.

73 Brad WF7T
Nashville, by way of Pegram, TN

Confirmation number is 4340050.arrl-ss-cw.