[3830] CQWW SSB T48K M/2 HP [Correction]

Ed K1EP k1ep.list at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 15:21:58 EST 2016

I had a typo in the operator calls in the original post.  Operator was
K1XX, not K1ZZ as originally listed.  3 QSO penalty :-(

Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2016 17:56:02 +0000
From: webform at b4h.net
To: 3830 at contesting.com, k1ep at yccc.org
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB T48K M/2 HP

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: T48K
Operator(s): CO8DM CO8ZZ K1EP K1MM K1XX W2DLT
Station: T48K

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: HOLGUIN, CUBA

  160:   23     4       16
   80: 1084    21       79
   40: 1815    24       86
   20: 1927    29      104
   15: 2847    25       87
   10:  600    23       57

Thanks to CO8DM and CO8ZZ for inviting us down to operate CQWW with them in
Cuba.  We had a great time and learned a lot about Cuba while we were there.
Our operation was field day style, with seven antennas setup at the beach
near
Playa Blanca in Holguin, Cuba.  We had a 160M inverted J (inverted L that
was
bent by the constant and strong winds), an 80M inverted J, 40M ground
plane, 20
vertical dipole array (VDA), 15M VDA, 10M VDA, and a short tribander for the
mult station.  We had two amplifiers that gave us around 300 to 400W out.
Conditions weren't the best and we did not have a spotting network or
internet.
 We needed to improve our 160M antenna situation, as others had difficulty
hearing us.  We did great on 15M with the VDA and probably would have done
the
same on 10M, but there wasn't that much propagation.  We noticed that we
were
constantly spotted incorrectly as something like T40K, T480, or something
like
that, even though we IDd after every Q.  About 4% of our Qs were dupes.