[3830] SS SSB WA3AER SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 20 17:32:19 EST 2016

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: WA3AER
Operator(s): WA3AER
Station: WA3AER

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MDC

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Was there less participation this year?
80M surprised me Saturday night with its Q production, both S&P and Run.
Runs were certainly helped by the spots received, many from PVRC members -
thank you all.
I had expected 40M to be a much larger contributor, but, except for 80M, 20M
beat it handily for me. The couple of times I went to 15M was because M&Q
looked like there ought to be contacts to be had. Whether it was my intrinsic
noise level or that M&Q was misleading I'm not sure. I do know that Sunday
afternoon's noise level was quite high at my QTH - TU NFL fans and your TVs!
hihi That also proved to be true of 40M on Sunday afternoon, which I ended up
taking as off time.
By 2200Z Sunday, the bird had been picked pretty clean and my stomach was
crying for dinner. I'd bettered my previous contact counts, met my goal of 400
Qs, but fell short of the BIC goal of 20hr. IMO, that's a lot easier to do in a
Multi-op setting. So, another one in the books. Go PVRC!