[3830] SS SSB N1CC Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 20 19:54:31 EST 2016

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: North Texas

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Elecraft K3/100 @5W.  Force 12 C3 @64', 80/40 Meter Fan Dipoles @ 50', 160M
Inverted L (Used on 40) and DXEngineering 43' Vertical w/Tuner at base.

Conditions not as good as CW weekend, weather better.  More contacts made and
fewer Sections found.  10 Meters not open.  15M a "shadow of the
past" with about half the QSOs from 2015.  20 Meters worked well, very
crowded of course.  40M was marginally better than last year and 75 Meters was
much better.  No 160M stations were heard.

The comment I made about alligators on the CW weekend applies to this Phone
effort also. Missed Nebraska again, at least I heard one guy but could not
complete the QSO.  QC and NL were not found and Mississippi was yet again not
in range of conditions.  80 and 40 were either not open or too long for MS and
NE to be worked from this site.