[3830] SS SSB KP2XX Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 21 12:27:41 EST 2016

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KP2XX
Operator(s): KP2XX
Station: KP2XX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: St. Thomas USVI

The 40 meter band filled up fast, I stayed on 20 longer rather than struggle
with all the splatter on 40. As in the sweepstakes I was called by a good
number of “DX” stations during the contest and gave out signal reports to
them between sweep contacts. Had a surprise run of dozens of Japanese stations
calling me on 40 meters, gee where were they in CQWW, well it was fun working
them.  Checked 10 a couple of times and heard nothing. Sadly, Lots of
background noise on 40 made it difficult to hear the many QRP stations, would
have enjoyed working more of them.

Jim,   KP2XX