[3830] SS SSB KB1RI Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 21 15:33:17 EST 2016

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KB1RI
Operator(s): KB1RI
Station: KB1RI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:

I was surprised to be able to hold a frequency on 80M twice and get a couple
good runs.  Wasn't able to do that on 40 or 20 with my simple dipoles and low
power.  I was surprised to have missed the DE, NNY and SB sections. Really
didn't think those would be so rare.  Operating time was curtailed a bit with
out of town guests.  Will plan that better next year!  Still had a great time
operating after a 23 year layoff from contesting when I was up in WMA with my
Yankee Clipper Contest Club buddies.  I really do miss my tower and tri-bander
from those good old days!  Need to figure out how to improve my 15M and 20M
antennas for the next time.  Fuel up for the winter and have a happy
Thanksgiving!