[3830] SS SSB AE6Y Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 22 01:11:02 EST 2016

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: AE6Y
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: AE6Y

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SCV

Club: Pizza Lovers 259

Comments:

I'm not a big fan of SS, but participated to help out the PL259 Club.  The
secret to really big scores seemed to be the ability to run for hours on 40,
something that I just wasn't able to do.
I do enjoy chasing mults unassisted, though, and they seemed a bit hard to find
this year.  In fact there were 6 mults where I only had one Q: DE, PR, VI, SB,
QC and ONN.  The last two were a surprise, as they seemed to be much more
plentiful in the CW contest. But you never know: one of my last mults needed on
Saturday night was MAR, and I was delighted to find one on the second radio --
then on Sunday, 8 more called!
 Anyway, it is nice to have a chance to exchange even brief greetings with lots
of radio buddies around the country.
  73, Andy AE6Y (CU all in CQWW CW from P49Y next weekend)