[3830] CQWW CW W7VO M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 27 19:26:53 EST 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W7VO
Operator(s): W7VO K5ZM KG7ASQ WZ8T
Station: W7VO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OR

  160:    3     3        3
   80:   13     8        8
   40:   77    18       31
   20:  232    28       65
   15:  136    25       56
   10:    0     0        0

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

What a slugfest... Ran MS with a separate mult station, and it worked fairly
well. Put up a temporary TH3 tribander on a 30 foot push-up mast and a 40M
dipole for the mult station. Rotation of the mult tribander was via
"armstrong", using a rope.

Band condx were TERRIBLE! No 20M openings to EU to speak of at all, and so much
noise on 40-160M that we shut down at 9:00 PM local on Saturday night.

Where were all the JAs?

Thanks to Dave, W7CAR, and Dave, WZ8T for stopping by, and congratulations to
Daryl, KG7ASQ for his first dose EVER of CW. He worked the spots on the mult
station and did a great job. Who says you need to know code to do a CW
contest?

Time to lick our wounds and wait until next year.....

Main station: FT-2000/AL-1500, TH6 tribander, slopers for 40M/160M, Dipole 80M

Mult station: FT-1000D/LK500-ZC, TH3 tribander, dipole for 40M, Dunestar
bandpass filters on mult station only.

73;
Mike
W7VO