[3830] CQWW CW KT8K SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 27 19:35:20 EST 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KT8K
Operator(s): KT8K
Station: KT8K

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: EN82ch SE Michigan
Operating Time (hrs): 19:48

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   15     5        4
   40:   44    10       27
   20:   88    15       45
   15:   45    12       30
   10:    5     5        5

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Propagation was lousy at the start but gradually improved so that Sunday
afternoon, while signals weren't strong, the noise level was quite low and
people were hearing me in sometimes surprisingly marginal conditions.  I hope
next year we'll have a few sunspots to improve things.  Thanks to all who
listened hard for my 5 Watt signal.  It was, as always, fun (especially Sunday
afternoon)!

My new, smaller station:
same old Tentec Orion with MFJ Grandmaster keyer and Bencher BY-1 paddle
same ancient XP laptop with home brew RS-232 keying interface

Antennas:
20-40-80m dipole at about 30 feet
tribander driven element on 10-15-20, feed point at about 35 feet
40/80m wire vertical with ladder line feed, feed point at about 12 feet with
only the first couple of elevated radials installed - used mostly for listening
in diversity mode

Thanks for all the views on my ham radio songs - more are coming:
I Want a Big Tower -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNWZjzrzgwA
If You Ain't Runnin', You Ain't Winnin' -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2pO3XibMvE

Best reception and 73 to all - Tim, KT8K